"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Lucy Van Pelt

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Watch for motorcycles


As you may recall, Charlie was involved in a motorcycle accident last fall. More precisely, he was stopped at a red light and rear ended by a distracted driver. The sad fact is that many drivers are oblivious to motorcycles. Some are not as lucky as Charlie.
My birthday present to myself was five bright orange signs pleading with drivers to watch for bikes. I spent the morning planting the signs along the route that the idiot that hit Charlie travels everyday to work. A small reminder for him and others, please give bikes extra space, be aware bikes do not stop on a dime, and that riders are very vulnerable.
Special thanks to ABATE of Monroe County for the signs.
To all my rider friends, ride safe. To all my other friends, watch out for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment