"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Lucy Van Pelt

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Photo Opportunities










I got bored today. Tossed some stale bread into the backyard and waited.
Wasn’t long before our resident squirrel took notice. Though the treats looked tempting, the little guy was intimidated by my camera. Another less timid squirrel hopped over the fence, but was promptly chased off.
It wasn’t until the crows swooped in that the squirrel found his courage. Now or never, he decided. He darted out, grabbed the whole-wheat week old slice, and ran up the pine tree. A moment later, he defended his territory again.
Meanwhile, the crows have set up sentries in the treetops. Coming closer and closer, one determines I’m not much of a threat. He marches up and picks up on piece of bread and then another.
Squirrel, not to be outdone, dashes in for seconds. Crow returns, this time neatly picking up three pieces.
After providing me with immense entertainment and fantastic photo opportunities, I think my furry and feathered friends deserve more treats, no strings attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment