"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Lucy Van Pelt

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dealing with Rejection


Nothing can put your ego into a downward tailspin faster than a rejection. So when I received a form, no less, rejection letter last week, I was crushed.
For a year, I’d poured my heart and soul into that novella. The story is good, so how do I get an editor to read it?
As fate would have it, Kim Wehner was hosting a Query Letter Workshop at the local Barnes & Noble.
Duh! I slapped my forehead. What a logical step for resubmitting.
Kim offered great tips, do’s & don’ts, and sincere encouragement. My next attempt, thanks to this incredible workshop, will be with a polished professional query letter. Wish me luck!
For more information on writing, check out Kim’s blog.
http://www.blog.klgore.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment