"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Lucy Van Pelt

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Morning Shopping


My final tab at Wegmans was an eye opener. Yikes! Eating better does not mean eating cheaper. Prices on produce have soared, mainly because of the adverse weather around the country and the higher cost of gasoline.
This is by no means a endorsement for my favorite grocery store (bargains can be found at Aldi’s and Tops,) but I have been taking advantage of the online coupons Wegmans sends out and the ones they attach to my prescription receipts. I've been buying leaner cuts of meat, frozen fruit and vegetables as well as fresh produce.
Chips, candy, and crackers are off my shopping list. I'm looking closer at labels these days. Did you know some of those healthy foods aren't so healthy?
I can hardly wait for the Chili Farm Market to open. Saturday morning shopping takes on a whole new meaning. The abundance of locally grown food, plus crafts, plants, and live music is a heavenly experience. Knowing where the food comes from, knowing it was picked fresh just hours before, knowing your money supports local farmers, all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment