"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Lucy Van Pelt

Friday, February 18, 2011

Meet the Critique Partners


I cannot begin to explain how vital critiquing is. Even more important is having the right critique partners.
I’ve been very lucky to have Dee Carey for a critique partner for the past two years. The Fox Lady is a natural editor and my biggest cheerleader. My writing has improved tremendously, my sales have been up, and I stay on task.
As a best-selling author, there’s not much I can offer Dee. Mostly, I serve as a sounding board, thrilled to be the first to hear the ‘fox tales.’
We’ve added another member to our critiques sessions, my daughter Konnie. Over the past six months, her vampire novel has gone from ‘Twilighty’ to incredible! I can say this proudly, not only as her mother but as a fellow writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment